Watch the full episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/ask-toh-window-gap-solar-drinking-water
Ask This Old House smart technology expert Ross Trethewey finds a solar panel that can generate clean drinking water out of thin air.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Time: 2 hours
Skill Level: Advanced
Tools List for Installing a Solar Panel to Get Drinking Water from Thin Air:
Solar panel array
3⁄8” water line
• Mount the redwood boards to structure in the roof with lag bolts.
• Connect the mounting bracket to the redwood boards using lag bolts.
• Connect the solar panel array to the mounting bracket.
• Connect the 3⁄8” water line to the water reservoir and the water reservoir to the house.
• From the inside, connect the waterline to the refrigerator or a dedicated faucet.
Ross saw the SOURCE solar panel array, manufactured by Zero Mass Water (https://www.zeromasswater.com).
The materials required to install these panels come included with the array.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House: